15 September 2021 10am - 12PM BST
Inside the Content and Choreography: Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate (Webinar)
This webinar developed and delivered by the RAD’s Panel of Examiners Consultant, Paula Hunt, focusses specifically on the content of Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate levels. The webinar will reference the RAD mark scheme through a discussion highlighting common problems observed in examinations at Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate levels. Further discussion will focus on teaching strategies to help develop technique, musicality and performance and explore the intention of the choreography and the benefits gained from understanding the ‘how and why’ of selected content.
The webinar will conclude with a Question and Answer session.
The aims of this webinar are:
- to understand and apply the RAD mark schemes at Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate levels.
- to understand the intention of the choreography of selected settings at Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate levels.
- to encourage effective teaching strategies to further develop technique, musicality and performance at Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate levels.
By the end of this webinar, participants will:
- have an increased understanding of the RAD examination mark schemes at Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate levels.
- have an increased awareness of common problems observed in examinations at Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate levels.
- have an increased understanding of the intention of the choreography of selected settings at Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate levels.
- have an increased understanding of how to develop technique, musicality and performance in selected settings at Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate levels.
You will access the webinar via Zoom. You will receive further information within five working days prior to the live broadcast. This webinar will not be recorded for later access. If you are booking outside of the UK, please check your time zone against BST (British Summer Time).
It is recommended that participants have a working knowledge of the RAD assessment criteria and syllabus content of Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate levels, as well as knowledge and understanding of the Foundations of Classical Ballet Technique publication.
You will require the following resources:
- A computer/laptop/tablet with internet connection
- Speakers or headphones
Paula Hunt ARAD Solo Seal RAD T Dip MNZM
Consultant to the Panel of Examiners – Royal Academy of Dance
Paula Hunt is a dance educator, tutor and examiner for the Royal Academy of Dance. Paula studied RAD examinations, attaining the Solo Seal and was awarded a Queen Elizabeth Arts Council Bursary to further her training. For the past 40 years she has directed the Paula Hunt Dance Studio. Many of the studio’s students have danced in companies all over the world. Paula has taught on many international Summer Schools, teachers’ courses and has created a number of courses for the RAD.
As Chair of the international panel of examiners of the RAD, Paula was responsible for the development of examination content, standards, marking systems, training new examiners and leading an international panel of more than 200 Examiners.
As Head of Syllabus Development, Paula was involved in the new syllabus development from Pre-Primary to Solo Seal. Paula contributed on many levels including choreography, trialling, DVD production, and syllabus content launches.
In recognition of her status as one of New Zealand’s most successful and celebrated dance educators, Her Majesty the Queen appointed Paula to the New Zealand Order of Merit.
In 2018 and 2019, Paula was the Artistic Director of the Royal Academy of Dance and currently works as a consultant to the Panel of Examiners.
2 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities.Book Now
|RTS and Faculty students||10am - 12PM BST||2h||Member Fee: £26,50 or €30 |
Non-Member Fee: £30,5 or €34
Who can attend?
- RAD Registered Teachers
- Students on Faculty of Education teacher training programmes of study
How to apply
For further details on how your information is processed, please see the CPD Privacy Notice.
Please read our Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above, please contact the CPD Team, firstname.lastname@example.org